I’ve learned a lot from this past week. As many of you know, the dizziness/headaches that sent me home has come back and it’s frustrating me to no end. I’ve been trying to see what the Lord would have me learn from this and I’ve come up with a few things.
Because of this trial I am…
– becoming more grateful for good health
– looking forward to the Resurrection more
– realizing, once again, that I depend on the Lord for help in all things
– coming to the conclusion that I am happiest when I am focused on the needs of others (especially in a gospel context)
– learning to sympathize to a greater degree with those who suffer from similar problems
You can learn so many things from your trials! You just have to look for them. The other day, I was reading through 2 Nephi 4:17-35 (also known as “Nephi’s Lament”), in which the prophet Nephi writes about how disappointed he is with himself that he isn’t perfect. What I noticed as I read it this time, that I hadn’t noticed before, was that the thing that turned his attitude around was noticing all of the blessings in his life. As Nephi took note of how much our Heavenly Father loved and blessed him, he was able to turn outward and upward with his time and energy once more.
Let us all remember to take note of our blessings in our times of trial, so that we can be reminded once more of our divine potential and birthright. As we do so, we will be blessed with peace, direction, and the guidance of the Spirit in our lives. Then, we can move forward armed with the lessons that we have learned by enduring well.
I love this Gospel with all of my heart.
Faith and Honor,